MonkProtect Package Protection covers the cost of lost or stolen items. Before filing a claim, please review our policies to understand what lost or stolen items we will cover.
FILE A CLAIM
Use this link below to file your claim:
Note: We refund the cost of the item(s) alone. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Package Protection fee are not included. We also do not pay custom/duty fees.
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, we may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Nicoletta Carlone, Inc. has guaranteed delivery and has protected the package that has been stolen. To process the claim we may require a police report.
- When required, send us the police report PDF and order number in the claim.
Upon request, we can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address, phone number, or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to us. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus we do not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the us and is reusable, we will contact you to see if it's possible to ship the package again. We cover the customer’s package if the carrier states the package was lost in-transit back to us.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering we will cover the claim.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, we will cover the claim and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If we forget to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to us to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
We do not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to us. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address, phone number, or refuses a delivery.
Order stuck in customs
We cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
If customs fees are due the customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If we replace something the customer has already paid customs on, under our discretion, we can approve and pay customs the second time.
Package Forwarding Services
Packages delivered to a forwarding services are not covered by Package Protection if they are lost or stolen after delivery is confirmed.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by us (we could be low on inventory of the items, internal delays with the fulfillment center, etc.).
- We do not cover delays in shipping pre-order items unless the items are unable to be manufactured. Package Protection is not active because the order has not shipped.
Claim filed too soon
- If the customer is filing a claim the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion we may ask you to wait five business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Filing a police report
On orders over $100, we may require evidence of the police report OR video evidence of the customer’s package being stolen.
Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Nicoletta Carlone, Inc. has guaranteed delivery and has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the claim with us, we require a police report. Once filed, send us the police report PDF & number in the claim.
- Upon request, We can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer enters the correct address at checkout but the package was delivered to the wrong address, we consider this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
- We cannot reorder made to measure items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. We can offer store credit instead.
Out of stock
- We can offer the customer store credit for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use the store credit to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address or phone number
We do not cover orders where the customer entered the wrong address, wrong or invalid phone number at the time of order.
- Please contact us to remedy the incorrect information.
If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Package Protection is not a product replacement plan and the claim cannot be approved. You can exchange the item but may be required to pay to return the item and shipping cost of the new item to you.
Too late to file a claim
We can action a claim that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If a claim is filed outside of this timeline, We will deny the claim according to these policies:
- Claims for packages marked "delivered must be filed after 5 days and before 15 days from the date the package was marked "delivered."
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") in US Domestic or Canada must be filed after 7 days (20 for other international countries) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Quick or expedited shipping hasn't arrived
If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, we will not cover it. Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for quick or expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected delivery window, we will not cover it.
Shop Pay Installments
For payment installments using Shop Pay, it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once we refund the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
- We are based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the USA, we will not cover claims for items shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here
- If a customer does not respond to any request from us within 5 days, we will automatically close the claim. Customers may re-open the claim by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Package Protection
If the customer’s package has not shipped, we will refund the Package Protection fee.
- If the item has shipped, we are protecting the package and cannot refund the Package Protection fee.
- Nicoletta Carlone is not responsible for a customer's lost or stolen items unless the customer has obtained Package Protection at check out. Without Package Protection the customer agrees to contact the carrier directly about lost or stolen items.